Friday, December 30, 2011

My new Addiction... Star Wars: The Old Republic

   Hey remember when I said I created this blog because I thought my computer wouldn't be able to run the Star Wars: The Old Republic game? Well it turns out my computer can run it! Although the graphics quality is super low I still LOVE this game. To be honest the only other MMORPG that I have ever played was World of Warcraft which didn't really hold my attention for to long. I always found that when I wasn't playing with friends it was boring and the quests weren't compelling. I don't find that to be true of the Old Republic since ever single quest in the game is voice-acted.  


My Bounty Hunter Jarc
               

                 decided to start up a bounty hunter for my first character (yeah I know it's one of the most played class on the Old Republic) I named him Jarc and begin my adventure. The bounty hunter story starts off with you arriving on the planet Hutta, home of the Hutts(Jabba the Hutt from Return of the Jedi is a Hutt) I meet with my team first composed of three people ones and older man who's name escapes me, another is a girl named Mako(Who eventually becomes your companion) and then an alien who's name also escapes me. My first mission is to make a reputation for myself on Hutta to get the attention of the gang-lord in the area so he will give me his sponsorship to join in with the Great Hunt, a tournament for the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. 
         My people will argue that The Old Republic is basically World Of Warcraft re-skinned to look like Star Wars, and for the most part thats true but there is just enough differences between the two games that The Old Republic doesn't feeling like a complete clone. One of the good things about The Old Republic being so much like World of Warcraft is that there is virtually no learning curve, in fact I didn't even have to use almost any of the tutorial except for the one explaining how Companions and Crafting work. The Old Republic has met all of my expectations that I had set for, and thankfully them already have 1 million subscribers which means that they will most certainly develop more and more content for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment